Famed for her ‘Mindyisms’ that make the hit US offbeat comedy such a success – Mindy Lahiri owns her position as the main protagonist in the TV show ‘The Mindy Project’.
Friends are often quick to point out that she and I share a passing resemblance, and I obviously see this as a compliment. After all, she is a witty and pop-culture loving doctor who lives in her own apartment in New York. Who wouldn’t want to be likened to a successful female who preaches about positive body image and radiates comic sensibility?
I’m a Mindy Kaling fan, and her creation of her alter ego ‘Dr. L’ has made her all the more brilliant. In honour of Kaling’s intimate interview with Flare Magazine this month, here are my reasons for why I believe Mindy Lahiri is a girl’s best friend:
- She’s comfortable with her body image. If you don’t love yourself, who will?
- She hates dieting and exercise, and isn’t afraid to admit it
- She’s a food-y
- She writes the best speeches
- She’s a feminist that takes a stand for women everywhere
- She’s adventurous, but she’s no reckless idiot
- She’s aware of the kind of mindless topics of conversation one ought to have over lunch
- She’d always be up for a sleepover and movie night, with added Ben & Jerry’s
- She knows a working woman’s priorities
- She’s intent on finding her happy ending